Join us this week as we celebrate National Veterans Small Business Week. We will be showcasing our nation’s military and veteran-owned businesses all week long. This year’s theme is #VetBiz Resources in Your Local Community which highlights the breadth of free to low-cost entrepreneurial resources that veteran and military entrepreneurs can access right in their neighborhood.
Each day during NVSBW, we will highlight different topics related to the veteran entrepreneurship journey. We will also host various national-level events to align with each topic area. You can find a full list of events taking place across the country here. Also, check out SBA Administrator Jovita Carranza’s video kicking off the week and read the Presidential Message on National Veterans Small Business Week.
Monday, November 2:
- Topic: Transition Assistance
- Event: “Transitioning from Service to Startup” Facebook video with SBA experts. The video will be published on the Boots to Business Facebook page at 1 p.m. ET.
Tuesday, November 3:
- Topic: Entrepreneurial Training
- Event: “Resources for Entrepreneurship Training” Twitter chat with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) at 1 p.m. ET. Join the conversation on the IVMF Twitter Page and use #IVMFTwitterChat in all responses.
Wednesday, November 4:
- Topic: Government Contracting
- Event: “Arming Vets to WIN in the Federal Market” webinar with the Veteran Institute for Procurement at 1 p.m. ET. Register here.
Thursday, November 5:
- Topic: Disaster Assistance
- Event: “Leveraging Your Network and Resources” webinar with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at 1 p.m. ET. Register here .
Friday, November 6:
- Topic: Access to Capital
- Event: “Financial Strategies for Women Veteran Entrepreneurs” webinar with LiftFund at 1 p.m. ET. Register here.
Honoring Our Nation’s Heroes During National Veterans Small Business Week
By SBA Administrator Jovita Carranza
Resilience, poise, adaptability – not only do these traits define our Nation’s service members, veterans, and military spouses, but they are also critical ingredients for successful entrepreneurs. At the U.S. Small Business Administration, we recognize the value the military community brings to our great country through their service in the armed forces and as small business owners who contribute more than $1 trillion in sales to the U.S. economy on an annual basis.
Our duty as an agency is to ensure these entrepreneurs are empowered and celebrated at every stage of business ownership. The SBA uses National Veterans Small Business Week—Nov. 2 through Nov. 6—to do just that.