Business and Cooperative Programs
As it relates to Rural Development’s Business and Cooperative Programs,
the Agricultural Act of 2014 (2014 Farm Bill):
- Reauthorizes the Business and Industry Guaranteed Loan Program and encourages better coordination with the Small Business Administration on outreach to rural lenders.
- Reauthorizes the Intermediary Relending Program (IRP) and moves program under the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act (which expands rural eligibility for “new IRP loans”).
- Reauthorizes the Rural Microentrepreneur Assistance Program.
- Eliminates the Rural Business Enterprise Grant Program and Rural Business Opportunity Grant Program, and consolidates their objectives in a broad Rural Business Development Grant Program.
- Reauthorizes the Rural Cooperative Development Grant Program and includes a directive to coordinate an interagency