Explore the Future of Energy
Regional Energy and Procurement Expo
Strengthening Capacity to Enhance Sustainability In Southern Maryland
Held: April 20, 2016 |8:00 a.m. – 3:00pm
College of Southern MD La Plata, MD
Business Industry Building (BI), 8730 Mitchell Road
Featured Presentations and Panel Discussions:
- 7:00am – Registration Opens
- 7:30-8:30am – Breakfast and Networking attendees are encouraged to visit Exhibitor Expo booths while enjoying a continental breakfast
- 8:45-9:00am – A Perspective of Energy in the State of Maryland
*Michael Leslie, Director of Energy & Sustainability, MD Department of Commerce
- 9:00-10.00am – Panel I – Federal, State & Utility Energy Conservation Programs
Purpose: Energy leaders will discuss grants, rebates and financing options for Maryland businesses.
Benefit: This session is designed so businesses can learn more about ways in which they can reduce Cap Ex through implementing strategic energy investments while leveraging funds from the outlined programs.
- 10:00-10:15am – Break for personal needs
- 10:15-11:15am – Panel II – Energy Economic Development/Procurement Opportunities
Purpose: Energy leaders will discuss economic development and procurement opportunities specific to Southern MD. Discussion will emphasize opportunities for small, minority and women-owned businesses.
Benefit: Southern MD businesses can learn about energy opportunities that may benefit their business development opportunities.
- 11:15-12:15pm – Panel III – The Utilities Perspective
Purpose: Utility executives will discuss current projects in the pipeline and status, projects and energy growth on the horizon, energy trends, and workforce needs.
Benefit: Give the audience an understanding of current and future energy needs so we can prepare to position ourselves for these growth potentials as well as understand and prepare for potential weaknesses.
- 12:15-12:45pm – Break for personal needs & grab lunch
- 12:45-1:45pm – Lt. Governor Boyd K. Rutherford – Keynote Speaker
- 1:45-3:00pm – Exhibitor Expo – visit leaders of Energy Service Companies, Utilities, Suppliers, Associations, and Government officials to discuss energy sector opportunities