Date: May 8, 2014
Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Facility Area Manager-FAC0000110
Single point of contact for all WFG Services
- Strategic planning with executive staff / division for headcount forecast and utilization.
- Link to the customer through the FMR on all WFG matters.
- Manage WFG personnel – GoFast attendance, training, development and evaluation.
- Member of negotiating committee regarding represented labor where required.
- Team with other FAM’s for information and sharing lessons learned.
- Identify, communicate and manage opportunities to support business plan objectives.
- Internal / external communication.
- Coordinate environmental, utilities, security, Global Purchasing and Supply Chain (GSC), contract administration, and Facility Engineering
- Interface with local business and government.
- Represent WFG in local Quality Network activities.
- Administer budgets and project funding.
- Business plan preparation and coordination of WFG objectives with the plant leadership. Update / monitor performance measurements.
- Strategic space planning and resource management.
- Observe facility projects to insure adherence to customer requirements and corporate standards.
- Assure implementation of Quality Network, including administration of planned maintenance objectives.
- Coordination with Facility Engineering.
- Leverage resources throughout organization as necessary.
- Assign specific tasks (functional elements) to the responsible Team member.
- Assist WFG team with resolution of supplier problems, as required.
- Compile data gathered by WFG team and report to management as required
- Administer GM Corporate Process Risk Management (PRM) policies.
- Assure the collection and analysis of data including Help Desk reports, customer satisfaction survey, monthly report on expenses (ROE), financial data, square footage occupied and available, density ratios, FM Scorecard, Human Resources and Industrial Engineering (where applicable).
- Manage PDPM – small construction blanket
- Promote safe work practices as the highest priority and implement objectives for ergonomics, health/safety and housekeeping.
- Joint Health and Safety Audit – module ownership
- Develop, assist and maintain Emergency Response Plan.
- Emergency Response Coordinator where applicable.
- Establish methods to assure completion of Safety tours, safety talks, Take 2 process, Pre-task planning
- Assist or insure compliance with Corporate and UAW safety programs.
- Human Resource Management (HRM) Administration.
- Administer CAP process and complete performance reviews for all salaried employees in his or her staff.
- Build and maintain good working relationships and integrity with employees, union, management and supplier community.
- Provide understanding and consistent administration of national and local agreements and serves as a member in the local negotiations process.
- Empower employees to continuously improve their work and support them by eliminating and managing constraints.
- Effectively select, develop, motivate, and utilize human resources in accordance with corporate and governmental policies and procedures.
- Plant facility related production interruption notification – escalation
- Ensure the implementation of Quality Network Strategies into related Plant Engineering – Floor activities.
- Lead the understanding and utilization of tools for product, process, and system improvement and problem solving such as:
- Practical Problem Solving Process
- Statistical Process Control / Data Feedback Process
- Corrective Action Reporting Process
- Quality Network Planned Maintenance
- Support production requirements by utilizing GM-GMS Processes with emphasis on variation reduction.
- Insure prompt response to issues negatively impacting production.
- Foster continuous improvements in all aspects of the business.
- Interact with GMNA/divisional Manufacturing Engineering and Planning and Worldwide Facilities Group on equipment, systems, and layout for current and future products.
- Manage WFG budget and meets cost objectives.
- Provide input to the establishment of department budget and efficiency goals and utilizes analytical tools to improve throughput and system efficiency.
- Manage projects and maintenance priorities to minimize overtime requirements.
- Acquisition Cards
- Evaluate employee acquisition card utilization and approve if appropriate
- Ensure acquisition card documentation procedure is followed
- Assist the plant in minimizing operating cost
- Coordinate or insure compliance with corporate environmental programs.
- 5-10 years’ experience
- Deep technical knowledge and ability in industrial hygiene or environmental disciplines
- Deep knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
”All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.”